1 Who we are
TransVault Software (“TransVault”) develops and operates advanced proprietary solutions such as TeamSearch that allow businesses to migrate, manage, and obtain unique and valuable insights into their data and Microsoft Office 365 and Azure environments, with the goals of making them more productive and helping them meet compliance needs.
TransVault is a trading division of SevernSoft Limited, company number 01870663, headquartered in the UK.
TransVault is committed to protecting your privacy.
This privacy statement explains what personal data TransVault collects, processes and shares when you use our website, consent to share information with TransVault at industry events or use TransVault solutions.
3 Data Collected
When using this website (or visiting us at events), you may consent to share the following information with us:
- Your first and last name
- Your company
- Your job title
- Your business email address – if you use a personal email, we will seek to amend this to a business email address where possible
- Your business phone number
- Project related information – e.g. archive migration platforms & volumes
- Business address information – city, state/county/province, ZIP/Postal code, country
- Information about your core business – reseller, professional services etc.
IMPORTANT: The personal information we collect does not typically exceed what would appear on your company business card. We do not collect or store any high-risk personal data (e.g. credit card details or passwords) or sensitive personal data.
Furthermore, we are the sole owners of any information collected. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
How we use your data
The personal information you provide is used expressly for:
- Responding to your requests and providing customer service – The data collected from enquiry forms or email enquiries will only be shared with another party with your consent or as necessary to provide any solution information you have requested. For example, TransVault does not sell its email archive migration software directly. This means that in order to respond to your request, we may need to share your data with an authorized TransVault Partner. Your data will be stored in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. This is to ensure you are serviced in a professional and expedient way.
- Keeping you updated: Where you’ve given us permission, we will send occasional marketing emails featuring technical insights and event invitations relating to the solutions and subject areas covered in this website. This information is held on our Active Campaign marketing platform. You can stop our marketing communications at any time, upon which your details will be deleted.
- Improving our website. To improve the layout of our web content and make life easier for you (e.g. by pre-filling forms if you’ve previously visited our site) we use certain cookies. See section on Cookies below.
See also the section entitled Your Rights and Requests.
- IP Address
- User Agent
- Past Visits
- Past Chats
- Time on Site
The personal information we collect automatically on this site using cookies:
- Is only ever collected and stored by the system in question, it is not moved, processed or shared anywhere else, and only the TransVault employees responsible for running the service have access to it – it is not stored on our CRM system, for example, or inform any of the ongoing Sales or Marketing communications we might have with you in the future
- Is only used to provide and improve site services, such as our Chat service.
Third-party data processors
LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and other social networks – These services provide social buttons and similar features which we use on our website – such as the “Share on LinkedIn” and “Tweet” buttons. To do so we embed code they provide, and that we do not control ourselves. For sharing functionality to work, these social network companies use your social profiles and you must be logged in. Your login details and other personal social network details are not shared with us at any given time, nor do we control how those networks use it. Social networks, therefore, could know that you’re viewing this website if you use their services (that isn’t to say they do, but their policies may change).
The TeamSearch Application is hosted as a Managed Application in the Client’s own Microsoft Azure cloud tenancy. Please refer to this overview from Microsoft about Managed Applications in Azure.
This data may include information basic telemetry and other information required in performing the required technical steps to provide the Service.
No personal data is captured and all the content indexing is carried in your own tenant.
We will report any unauthorised data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of the TransVault Platform that hosts TeamSearch to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been copied or removed.
5 Relevant Legislation
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website and the TransVault Platform that hosts TeamSearch are designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
Compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means it is likely to be compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well.
If you are unsure about whether this site or the TransVault Platform is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact us for clarification.
6 Your rights and requests
- Right to rectification – You can request that we edit any information at any time by emailing us at DPO@TransVault.com.
- Right to be forgotten – After receiving a request to be forgotten, as long as TransVault does not require retention of any or all of the information specified undergrounds of Legitimate Business Interest (such as for accounting and support purposes), we will permanently delete your record and all data associated with it within 30 days of receiving the request. If the request requires further clarification or cannot be fulfilled in full, we will notify you, again within 30 days of receiving the request.
- Right of portability – If requested, we will export your data so it can be transferred to a third party.
- Right to object – At any time, you may object (via opt-out) to your personal data being used for specific purposes such as direct marketing.
- Right of access – We’re transparent about the data we have and how we use it. You can contact us at any time if you’d like to access to your data or if you have any questions about your data and how we’re using it.
7 Any questions?
8 Updates to this policy